Family Friendly Cabin Rentals in the Smoky Mountains
Going on vacation with your family is one of the foremost ways that you can create memories that will last a lifetime. If you are looking for the perfect mountain getaway for your next family vacation, Oak Haven Resort & Spa is the ideal destination. Our family-friendly cabin rentals are located near the Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge area at the foothills of the stunning Smoky Mountains.
What to Look for When Planning a Family Cabin Vacation
Family cabin vacations should incorporate ideal retreats for everyone. When you’re in the planning phase, consider the following:
- Proximity: When planning multigenerational retreat vacations, it’s important to consider where everyone’s traveling from. Choose a destination that’s most convenient to reach for everyone.
- Surroundings: Consider the type of surroundings you prefer, for instance, whether rustic nature-focused getaways will appeal to everyone.
- Weather: The seasons and weather conditions can impact how accessible some destinations are and which activities are available. Winter months might be ideal for those cozy lodging experiences, and summers are great for adventure-packed escapes.
- Attractions, activities and amenities: The destination and its surroundings should provide ample activities or attractions to keep everyone busy. Choose a spot that fills all your vacation needs: fun, relaxation and rejuvenation.
How Cabin Vacations Cater to the Different Age Groups in Your Family
Getaway spots for all ages provide value to each age group, making their trip unforgettable. Keep an eye out for:
- Safety and security: Small children, those with limited mobility and frail family members need access to a safe environment. Keep an eye out for guard rails, secured decks and limited access to water sources.
- Fun and entertainment: Kids’ play areas, board games, firepits, fishing, hiking and trail walks, birdwatching and Wi-Fi are some ways to ensure everyone has fun.
- Relaxation: Getaways ensure everyone has what they need to get some rest, whether that’s plenty of time out on the deck watching sunrises and sunsets or spending quality time with loved ones around the fire.