Winter Activities in the Smoky Mountains
Winter is a magical time of year in the Smoky Mountains as the snow falls and the excitement of the holidays is in the air. If you’re thinking about taking a vacation in the area, you’ll be excited to know that there’s a bevy of winter activities to enjoy in the Smoky Mountains and surrounding Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg communities, including:
- Winterfest Driving Tour of Lights –Adorned with more than five million holiday lights, Pigeon Forge creates a winter wonderland for locals and guests alike to enjoy during the city’s annual Winterfest celebration.
- Fantasy of Lights Christmas Parade – Watch a spectacle of LED light displays, marching bands, large balloons, dancers, and holiday characters parade on by during this family-friendly celebration.
- Dollywood’s Smoky Mountain Christmas – Dollywood is a classic local destination and its annual Smoky Mountain Christmas is really something to see! With its millions of lights, award-winning shows, and 50-foot Christmas tree, you’ll definitely be feeling the holiday spirit.
- Ober Gatlinburg – Hit the slopes at the area’s only ski resort. Adrenaline seekers can catch some air while skiing or snowboarding, while others can get their thrills at the tubing hill.
- Winter hiking – Between the snowy landscapes and frozen waterfalls, hiking in the Smoky Mountains during this time of year will surely take your breath away.
Oak Haven Resort & Spa
If you want to enjoy winter activities in the Smoky Mountains, there’s no better place to stay during your vacation than Oak Haven Resort & Spa. Our sprawling luxury cabin resort has an array of uniquely designed cabins, each one with a hot tub and cozy fireplace for you to shake off the winter snow and decompress. If you’d like to learn more about our one- to seven-bedroom cabins and schedule the winter vacation of your dreams, contact us today!